On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Luca Toscano <ltosc...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Luca Toscano <ltosc...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Tomorrow morning (Jun 30th - CET timezone) I'd need to reboot stat1002,
>> stat1003 and stat1004 for kernel upgrades (Ubuntu security patches). This
>> could potentially terminate long running queries or jobs, so please ping me
>> on IRC or email me if your work can't be postponed or stopped.
>>

> Starting the work now, please reach out to the wikimedia-analytics IRC
> channel for any issue.

All the reboots have been performed, maintenance completed. Sadly the
analytics1003 reboot caused an outage to our Hive/Oozie/Hue database that
was running on it and it didn't restart properly due to a misconfiguration.
We are going to follow up on this incident to avoid another problem like
this one in the future.

Thanks and apologies!

Luca