For people being interested in i18n, have a look at the design team’s
research in i18n-ized Static Site Generators:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164449

Jan

> Quick heads up that there's now a Phab tag[1] for the landing page. Please
> feel free to use this tag to document issues and feature requests.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan
>
> 1. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/3243/
>
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:46 AM, Jonathan Morgan <jmor...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Aaron: I'll ask Baha about the issue tracking... *issue* today. The code
> > is hosted on Gerrit now, with a one-way mirror on this GitHub repo[1],
> > which is not ideal from an openness/collaboration POV. For me, enabling
> > easy issue tracking and pull requests is the most pressing issue. In the
> > meantime, you can submit tasks through Phab. Add them to the Research
> > board[2] and/or as subtasks of our Landing Page creation epic[3]. Not
> > ideal, but at least you can capture things this way.
> >
> > Federico: Translation via translatewiki would be very cool. We haven't
> > prioritized this because, well, none of our on-wiki research team pages
> > were ever translated, and this microsite is intended to supplement our
> > on-wiki content, not replace it. But it sounds like a potential 'roadmap'
> > kinda deal and I'll make sure to track it.
> >
> > Iolanda: this is the landing page for the Wikimedia Foundation Research
> > team[4], not for the international community of researchers who study
> > Wiki[*]edia. It's also not the landing page for all researchers and
> > research activities within the Wikimedia Foundation--just those of team
> > members (and Aaron, whose Scoring Platform team is a kind of spin
> > off/sibling of the research team).
> >
> > Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. Keep it coming,
> >
> > Jonathan
> >
> > 1. https://github.com/wikimedia/research-landing-page
> > 2. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/research/
> > 3. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T107389
> > 4. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:09 AM, Aaron Halfaker <aaron.halfa...@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hey folks, I see you're using github[1], but you've disabled the issue
> >> tracker there.  Where should I submit bug reports and feature requests?
> >> Maybe you could add a link next to "source code" at the bottom of the
> >> page.
> >>
> >> 1. https://github.com/wikimedia/research-landing-page
> >>
> >> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:02 AM, Aaron Halfaker <
> aaron.halfa...@gmail.com

> >> nemow...@gmail.com>

> > --
> > Jonathan T. Morgan
> > Senior Design Researcher
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>
> >

> --
> Jonathan T. Morgan
> Senior Design Researcher
> Wikimedia Foundation
> User:Jmorgan (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jmorgan_(WMF)>

Jan Dittrich
UX Design/ User Research

Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. That‘s our commitment.