My app has a form in it (for the user to enter info that will
eventually be sent off to a web API) and I need to do some form field
checking locally. Pretty standard stuff - basically that there are no
blank fields and that they've entered a valid email address.

What's the best way to do this?

Basically I'm wondering whether I can attach Javascript to TextViews,
or whether I'm best off using a WebView and doing the whole thing in
HTML.

Any hints appreciated...

cheers
Anna