Unfortunately, the "getting started" docs don't help you trouble shoot
installing JDK 5 or 6, or Eclipse. My issue involves the installation
of these two apps on Vista, which is probably my problem.

My first issue was with eclipse, when I ran the app (from my desktop)
it failed to find ../eclipse/jre/bin/javjw.exe file, so I simply
copied the jre directory from my java install into the eclipse folder.

When I ran eclipse again, I got an app exit code of -1 (whatever that
means) and some more jargon about needing java version 1.5 (i had
1.6), so I downloaded 1.5 but I don't think it's compatible with Vista
because it wouldn't install.

I found some answers on the internet about adding the java bin
directory path to the classpath variable under the environment
variables, but no luck.

Is there a way to get the vista compatible versions of jdk and eclipse
and is there a certain order to installing them and android?

Thanks.