I'm trying to build my first ContentProvider using the example in Mark's
book "A Busy Coder's Guide To Android Development" (which I suggest other
n00bs like me should read :-).

My database is created; I can go in via the command line/SQLite interface
and play with it. The database name is lbtdl.db and the only table in it  is
"locations".

However, when I do the following:

        locationsCursor = managedQuery(Provider.Locations.CONTENT_URI,
FIELDS, null, null, null);
        ListAdapter adapter = new SimpleCursorAdapter(this,

R.layout.listlocations,
                                                        locationsCursor,
                                                        new String[] {
Provider.Locations.NAME},
                                                        new int[] {R.id.name
});

        setListAdapter(adapter);
        selection= (TextView)findViewById(R.id.selection);

locationsCursor is alway null, nothing is displayed, and logcat complains
"E/ActivityThread(  387): Failed to find provider info for
com.appspot.lbtdl"

I can't figure out what the right combination of things is to make this
work.  In my Provider.java file (which I stol^H^H^H^H borrowed from Mark's
book), I have the following:

public class Provider extends ContentProvider {
    private static final String DATABASE_NAME="lbtdl.db";
    private static final int LOCATIONS=1;
    yada yada yada

and

  public static final class Locations implements BaseColumns {
        public static final Uri
CONTENT_URI=Uri.parse("content://com.appspot.lbtdl");
        yada yada yada

and

    static {
        MATCHER=new UriMatcher(UriMatcher.NO_MATCH);
        MATCHER.addURI("com.appspot.lbtdl.", "locations", LOCATIONS);
        yada yada yada

And various permutations of the above but my Activity can't find the
ContentProvider.

What am I doing wrong?

--

Faber Fedor