Hello,

I'm writing an application that takes a list of gps co-ordinates and
distances and triggers an alert (for now) when a user enters the
proximity of one of the co-ordinates. I'm trying to use a proximity
alert to do this, which will fire a intent to be received by an intent
receiver. This is all being done in a service, so it can be run in the
background. However, im struggling with the pending intent part
of .addproximityalert.

                 String intentKey =
"android.intent.action.PROXIMITY_ALERT";
                 Intent proximityIntent = new Intent(intentKey);
                 mPendingIntent = PendingIntent.getBroadcast(getContext
(), 0,
                        proximityIntent,
PendingIntent.FLAG_CANCEL_CURRENT);
                 lm.addProximityAlert(latitude, longitude, radius, -1,
mPendingIntent);

The idea being that when a proximity alert is triggered,
android.intent.action.PROXIMITY_ALERT is broadcast for a receiver to
pickup. Eclipse is telling me that i need to chance getContext to
getBaseContext, but proximity alerts aren't firing when i change this.

Any pointers?

Thanks for any help,

George