Hi All,

[I tried to post this message to android-developers, but it didn't
show up ...]

I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to distribute their app
in a bundle with an emulator?

The reason I want to do this is that I have some friends who don't
have android phones, but I'd like them to be able to play with my app
so that they can give me feedback.  I've previously sent them screen
casts, but I'd really like them to be able to get interactive with the
app.

Now I could ask them to get all installed with the whole android
framework, eclipse etc,. but some of them are not so technical.
Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is create a package that is the
android emulator with my app and perhaps 1 or 2 other related apps pre-
installed, so that they can download it, open it and run it
interactively on their computers?

Has anyone ever tried this?

So far I found that I can run the emulator standalone, and I assume I
could probably send them just that and it would run.  However the adb
tool is needed to install apps.  I could send them that too, and ask
the to run an 'adb install myapp.apk' from the command line, but at
the moment I can't even seem to do that myself.

Running the emulator standalone, the adb tool can't seem to see it:

samuel-josephs-computer-2:tools samueljoseph$ sudo ./adb devices
List of devices attached

I just get no list of devices ...

I have previously used the adb tool to install apk files, but that is
after I had started the emulator from eclipse - of course even then I
always have to restart eclipse and the emulator two or three times
before I can get the connection (I am on OSX 10.5.6., eclipse

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

CHEERS> SAM