Hi,
I am using InetAddress to open a URL on an application that is running
on the Android emulator (version 1.5) but InetAddress has been giving
me an "Unknown host" error.

I tried changing the host to a few different websites but each time I
get the same error.
examples taken from the console:
05-11 14:55:04.076: INFO/InetAddress(801): Unknown host google.com,
throwing UnknownHostException
05-11 15:17:36.017: INFO/InetAddress(759): Unknown host yahoo.com,
throwing UnknownHostException

I can access both yahoo.com and google.com from the web browser on the
Android fine and to my knowledge, I am not behind a proxy. I ran
"ping" on the terminal with both hostnames, and their IPs were shown.

what could be the problem?