That did the trick!  Thanks so much!  :D

  _____

From: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-beginn...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Liviu Ungureanu
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:11 AM
To: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
Subject: [android-beginners] Re: 3 icons for one app

2009/8/27 Tikoze <janderson....@gmail.com>

I very well may be wrong (I am a very new android developer and
haven't done something like this yet), but have you tried removing the
"<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> " line
from the activities you don't want icons for?

I think I read somewhere that the recipe for getting a launchable icon
is to have both the category LAUNCHER and the action MAIN defined in
the intent filter.

On Aug 18, 9:45 am, "tinyang" <tiny...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> If I do that, I can't get to those activities.  I have a main menu screen
> with a button for each activity, and the buttons don't work for any
activity
> in which I remove the intent for from the manifest.  If I remove those
> intents from the manifest, how else can I make the buttons open my
> activities?  Here is an example of what I use now:
>
> vwpicbtn = (Button) findViewById(R.id.viewpics);
>
> vwpicbtn.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
>
> public void onClick(View v) {
>
> startActivity(new Intent(MainMenu.this, ViewPic.class));
>
> }
> });
>
> Thank you.
>
>   _____

8/17/2009
> 6:04 PM

I tested it and works..

This is my AndroidManifest file..:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
      package="com.app.lookitup2"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0"
      android:icon = "@drawable/icon"
      android:windowSoftInputMode="stateVisible">

      <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
      <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CALL_PHONE" />
      <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
      <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
      <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS"/>
      <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS" />

      <application android:icon="@drawable/icon"
android:label="@string/app_name">
      <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" />
        <activity android:name=".MainActivity"
                  android:label="LookItUp"
                  android:windowSoftInputMode="stateVisible|adjustResize">

            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <activity
         android:name=".ResultsActivity"