Yes, I would also highly recommend the use of either a shared Java
library, or SVN (in which case you should read up on merging two
source trees, as that's exactly for that purpose). In my experiences,
the use of symlinks can get rather messy, but is of course quite
possible, both on Linux, Mac, and Windows (Win2K and higher), it just
requires that you know what you're doing.

- Tristan