I tried to install Android in Eclipse. I followed instructions from
the sites
http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-google-android-sdk1.0-on-ubuntu8.04-desktop
and http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/hello-world.html .
Now, as I start Eclipse and an Android project, it says that "An SDK
Target must be specified." But in the window, the whole "Built Target"
- box is inactive so I can't activate the "Target Name". How can I fix
the problem?

I installed today the latest version of Java available in Xubuntu and
downloaded Eclipse and Android from the web so I guess my tools are
not out of date.