hmm..I don't know what is going in your environment. For me (using SDK
1.5) Your code as is,  works too. When I hit  the back button on the
emulator,  the virtual keyboard exits, HELLO gets copied to the
EditTextA.

Balwinder Kaur
·T· · ·Mobile· stick together

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.