I had the same problem. I could install the plugins but they were not
showing up on my Preferences screen. Under my workspace\.metadata
directory there was a log file with the same messages you posted
earlier. The problem was that I didn't have the Web Developer Tools
installed. I installed them from the /release/ganymede site and now I
see Android on the Preference screen as well as the project menu, etc.
If you do have them installed, maybe an update can help.