I need to send http request with the following view:

POST /device/api/login HTTP/1.1

{"login":"LOGIN","password":"PASSWORD"}

[my code]
                        DefaultHttpClient hClient = new
DefaultHttpClient();
                        HttpPost post = new HttpPost(host +
"/device/api/login");

                        post.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/json");

                        JSONObject jo = new JSONObject();
                        jo.put("login", login);
                        jo.put("password", password);
                        String  joSt = jo.toString();

                        BasicHttpEntity be = new BasicHttpEntity();
                        byte bytes[] = joSt.getBytes();

                        be.setContent(new ByteArrayInputStream(bytes));
                        post.setEntity(be);

                        HttpResponse response = hClient.execute(post);

                        hClient.getConnectionManager().shutdown();
[/my code]
It doesn't work. Could you help me to figure out what's wrong?