Based on your description there are no problems writing such an
application.

My understanding is that your connection is only half-duplex, means
you send the traffic only in one direction. When I mentioned that with
mixing Voip and data traffic in a Wifi network the quality of your
connection could decrease, I wanted to say that in your WLAN there
might be also other systems communicating over Wifi.

Android SDK does not support specifically audio streaming which is
recorded over the mic (there are no APIs for Voip :-( ). You have to
think about the following

+ signaling
+ RTP streaming

For the signaling you can use your own proprietary protocol or an
existing protocol like SIP or XMPP (have a look at SipDroid which uses
MjSIP)

Also SipDroid implements some RTP socket communication which you can
use in your application.

--
Roman Baumgaertner
Sr. SW Engineer-OSDC