This is a really interesting app. How do you know if a parking spot is
taken?  I guess you could work with a photo from a high building and
check from that, or the security cameras. In this case the photo
itself, or a transformation of it would show the location of free
spaces. Be sure to record where the car is actually parked, as some
people forget.