First sorry for my English, I'm French and I'm bad for it.

So, I'm a beginner in Android and J2ME. I have to work about
developing a web Mail application on Mobile with Android platform. but
I must use the existent one which is a basic Web application in J2EE.
My problem is that I would use the existent Servlets in the Web
application for my Mobile application. But I don't know how I must
call this one. After several research I find practically nothing.

I find some informations about HTTPClient but I would like to know if
the security is sufficient for a Web Mail and how it's works exactly.
Otherwise I'm thinking about using a WebService but could I use it on
Android ? Do it works like on other OS ?
Between both solutions, which one is the best for a web mail ? Have
there others solutions ?

Thank you.