I just started working on a desktop widget for my application and,
even though I understand the need for security, and have been a little
disappointed with the RemoteViews functionality...

My widget consists of several ImageViews for which I do not have
resource identifiers (They are actually icons of other apps installed
on the phone).  Is there a way to update the ImageViews with a
Drawable???

I have a workaround but it is very ugly and I know it will be costly,
especially since it will be in a widget.  Currently I have to take the
drawable I have and cast it to a BitmapDrawable.  Then I call
createBitmap() or getBitmap() on it (I can't remember offhand what the
name of the actual method is).  After that I call
RemoteViews.setImageViewBitmap() in order to display the icon....

There has got to be a better way to accomplish something like this...
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin