Hi,

I am new to Android and SQLite.  I am trying to query a table on a non
primary key column. Is this possible? FYI, I am able to create, insert
and retrieve all rows. The structure of the table is as follows:
private static final String DATABASE_NAME = "WordSolver";
private static final String DATABASE_TABLE = "words";
public static final String KEY_ROWID = "_id";
public static final String KEY_WORD = "word";
private static final String DATABASE_CREATE = "CREATE TABLE "+
DATABASE_TABLE+

"("+ KEY_ROWID +" INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,"+

KEY_WORD +" TEXT);";
//Method to retrieve by word
public Cursor getWord(String word) throws SQLException
    {
        //db is the SQLiteDatabase
        Cursor c = db.query(DATABASE_TABLE, new String[]{KEY_WORD},
KEY_WORD+"="+word, new String[]{KEY_WORD},null,null,null);

        if (c != null) {
            c.moveToFirst();
        }
        return c;
    }

This always errors on the query.  Is it not possible to query on a non
primary key column? Or is there something else I am missing.  Any help
will be very appreciated.