"I'm a beginner as well on Android but most of the time the pseudocode is
similar"
I have no idea what that means.

"Someone want to help him with specifics?"
What specifics? I already pointed the OP to the two functions he needs to do
what he asked about.

TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking