Dear Android Beginners Group,

I am also wondering if it's possible to get a result from the dialer.

It seems that when you press the hangup button, the phone locks.
There's an issue about it here:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3455#c4

I'm using this code
                String num1 = "tel:3334444";
                Intent intent;
                intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_DIAL, Uri.parse(num1));
                startActivityForResult(intent, 0);

Thank you very much for your time.