hi experts !!

I am unable to configure email application correctly on emulator as i
have to use the built-in email app for sending emails using intent. I
am using 1.6 version. I followed this tutorial
http://blog.brightpointuk.co.uk/setting-pop-imap-email-account-android-1x

but when ever i try to click next after entering port details it gives
me error of "unable to connect to server". i even tried with k-9 email
application and the problem is same. I am using my university access
which is under a proxy. But i have configured thunderbird
successfully. I am trying to setup with gmail account first .

kindly help me out. It might be the issue with emulator. And also i
launch my emulator giving the proxy with using -http-proxy

hope to see a positive response.

regards,
wahib