ajb468 wrote:
> I have studied core Java very well but very little of the Java APIs.
> Should I learn them before I start programming in Android or will
> knowing the Android APIs be enough? Is there any benefit to using the
> Java APIs in an Android app. If so, can someone give me an example?

That depends on what you mean by "the Java APIs". After all, anything
that is a class inherits from Object, which is a class supplied by "the
Java APIs".

Here are the packages I recommend developers be familiar with before
getting into Android:

java.io
java.lang
java.net
java.util
java.util.concurrent

While there are many other Java packages included in Android, those are
the most important five, IMHO.

I apologize if that is not what you mean by "the Java APIs".

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in NYC: 30 April-2 May 2010: http://guruloft.com