Hi,

Thanks for everyone's help. I haven't had a chance to try the numeric property yet, but I did find out what was causing the problem! For some reason, the Android emulator is configured for a foreign language? All of the letters on the soft keyboard are standard English letters, except the key in the lower left corner (capslock?). When capslock is down, the decimal point (period) is no longer a decimal point. It looks almost the same as a decimal point. Whether I type it on the soft keyboard on the virtual Android screen, the keyboard in the right of the emulator, or on my actual computer keyboard, it always comes out as a funky decimal point with capslock down! This funky decimal point was crashing parseDouble, and ignored by the Scanner. I've been using computers for 20 years, and I've never used a computer that changed the decimal point with caps lock enabled. Shift has to be held down, and then you get a ">"! Also, the capslock state remains the same whenever I reboot the emulator! I've also never seen that happen!

http://webpages.charter.net/deham5/Android/Android-idiot-button.gif

How to I run the emulator with a standard English keyboard? Help!

Thanks.