Thank you for your input.
I have tried using it but it seems to be more challenging than
expected.

I am importíng android.location.location and then trying the line
float results [] = distanceBetween(lat_a1, lng_a1, lat_b1, lng_b1);
where lat_a1, lng_a1, lat_b1 and lng_b1 have all been converted to
double (I am using them as float earlier in my program).
The values of lat_a1 and lat_b1 equals the GPS coordinates read using
location.getLatitude(); and location.getLongitude();

My problem is that I get the error message:
"The method distanceBetween(double, double, double, double) is
undefined for the type new LocationListener(){}"
and I don't know how to interprete it.

Furthermore, I will be very thankful is you can help me by reading the
time, and timedifference between a number of readings, as I need the
timedifference to estimate an average speed over a distance travelled.

Thank you for your help
ckloch

I understand all the input parameters, but what about the output
"float results[]"
Does it mean that I can write the line

distanceBetween(double startLatitude, double startLongitude, double
endLatitude, double endLongitude, float[] results);

Does it mean that if I enter the command