<item name="android:textColor">@color/midnightblue</item>
<item name="android:textViewStyle">@style/TextViewBlue</item>
<resources>
This is main activity code snippet
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setTheme(R.style.Theme_Blue);
setContentView(R.layout.
main_screen);
The background image is not getting loaded but the text color and
textViewStyle got changed.
The background image remains the defalult one -blank screen.
If I am setting the theme in android manifest file then it works properly.
Can anybody tell me the reason for this?

I also found this issue on google code android:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3793

Warm Regards,
Sudeep

--