On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Sam Lowry <sam.lo...@dotzyne.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but I can't see a way
> of doing this.
>
> What I want to do is copy ALL my phone contacts to my GoogleMail (well
> actually GMail) contacts. So if I ever don't have my phone with me, or
> the battory is dead, but I have net access, I can still contact people.

I'm not sure if there's an automatic way to do it from the phone, but
this should work.

In the Contacts app in Android 2.1 there is an Import/Export option in
the menu. Click that and do Export to SD card. Next go to the contacts
page in Gmail and click import in the upper right hand corner. Do the
import vCard option and upload the .vcf file you exported from
contacts.

HTH,
Pete