I was going through the threads related to apk files and most of the
people had different opinion on .apk file installation in emulator.
Even I was stuck for a few days and then I found a nice tutorial and
wanted to share this and of course there might be other ways but it
was clean first time itself.
http://www.botskool.com/geeks/how-install-apk-files-android-windows-sdk-emulator
http://www.botskool.com/geeks/how-uninstall-apk-files-android-windows-sdk-emulator

If anyone find any other method do post it here. Help other save time.