Hi,

I am sure this has been discussed in this group, but I couldn't find
that thread, so bear with it, or if possible merge it with the
original.

I am using httpclient for my android app and I have a local site which
has a few https pages. Since default httpclient doesnot allow self-
signed certificates I am using  "EasySSLFactory" and
"EasyX509TrustManager", which are mentioned in httpclient
documentation.

<code>
client = new DefaultHttpClient();
client.getConnectionManager().getSchemeRegistry().register(new
Scheme("https", new EasySSLSocketFactory(), 443));
</code>

The problem is if I use this SSLFactory in my android app, I am
getting correct response from my site's https pages, but I get "SSL
handshake failure: I/O error during system call, Unknown error: 0" for
sites such as "gmail.com", "ymail.com". If I don't use
"EasySSLSocketFactory" I get response from these sites but get
exception for my site.

The funny thing is that this page fetch code works fine as a
standalone java application.

What could be the problem. Please help me with this.

Thanks and Regards