On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM, dutch <beetdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently receiving the error
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Your content must have a ListView whose id
> attribute is 'android.R.id.list'
>
> and I cannot for the life of me figure out what i'm missing. Can
> anybody assist me on this?

Quoting from the documentation for ListActivity:

"However, if you desire, you can customize the screen layout by
setting your own view layout with setContentView() in onCreate(). To
do this, your own view MUST contain a ListView object with the id
"@android:id/list""

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/ListActivity.html

In your case, you have a ListActivity with a custom layout for the
activity but do not have a ListView with android:id="@android:id/list"

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training