I did a quick comparison between your code and mine and found a few
differences between my code and yours...

Try removing this line of code:
*registerForContextMenu(getExpandableListView());*

And replace it with this:
getExpandableListView().setOnCreateContextMenuListener(this);

In theory you shouldn't have to have the above line because
ExpandableListActivity should be doing that for you since it implements
View.OnCreateContextMenuListener, but it seems there is a bug (at least in
the 1.6 SDK) and this doesn't happen by default.

Also, place "@Override" in front of your onCreateContextMenu() and
onContextItemSelected() methods to ensure that you are overriding the
default behavior.

Hope that helps,
Justin

There are only 10 types of people in the world...
Those who know binary and those who don't.