From: "whitemice" <markbr...@zedray.co.uk>
To: "Android Beginners" <android-beginners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:20:29 AM
Subject: [android-beginners] HELP: A Verizon Droid puzzle.

I am based in Germany and publish the "Last Call Widget" on the
Android Market.  I have been steady improving it over time, but one
group of users still complain about it not working on their devices.

My widget listens for the "android.intent.action.PHONE_STATE" intent,
and then sets an alarm to update the last call UI in 20 seconds, then
60 seconds, then 5 minutes, 1 hour, etc.  This works reliably on all
my test devices, even with aggressive task killers (try it yourself).
Unfortunately I have a cluster of users with Motorola Droids on the
Verizon network who complain that the UI does not automatically
update.

I believe Verizon is a CDMA network (we have GSM here in Europe),
though the Android API docs don't specify any implementation
differences.  This could also be a driver issue on the Motorola Droid
(we have GSM Motorola Milestones in Europe).

I am wondering if anyone reading is in a position to offer any ideas,
or test the widget on a Droid and/or CDMA network to see if they can
reproduce an issue (with logs)?

Regards
Mark