I have not done any Unix/Linux development and networking is not my specialty but chat applications usually use plain old TCP/IP, correct? Is plain TCP/IP not available in Android?

Emmen Farooq wrote:
Hi , we need to make a android based chat software , now the scenario
is as follows

let I be user A and I want to use the application under developemnt ,
let the application be called friends circle , now when i log in for
the first time , the app should ask me to sign up and save my data , I
am handling xml , I dont know even what Im trying to ask

On the server I have made a database , that would store the necessary
requirements now i should somehow communicate between an SQL database
and the android phone ,

guide appropriately please

--
Sam Hobbs