On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:25 PM, calmchess <calmchesspla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> and now i think we are at the root of my problem...............how do
> i seperate the row from the container??

Well, your source code got cut off, so it is difficult to answer.

Somewhere, your Activity is calling setContentView().

Ideally, particularly for this case, setContentView() is passed a
resource ID pointing to a layout resource (e.g., R.layout.main). This
is the layout file that Nick demonstrated and Kostya referred to. That
layout for your whole activity needs to have your Button and your
ListView, wrapped in a RelativeLayout or LinearLayout.

Here is an example project, albeit one with a TextView instead of a
Button above the ListView:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/tree/master/Selection/List/

Here is a variation on that sample project, using a custom ListAdapter:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/tree/master/FancyLists/Recycling/

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 2.9 Available!