Still very confused here. AOSP build NRD90U builds fine with no /vendor in
the root directory. I have no idea if I need to extract
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/huawei-angler-3235634-df9ca39a.tgz
and https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/qcom-angler-3235634-6e661c6c.tgz
into the root folder. The factory images contain a "vendor.img" that
supposedly contain all the drivers.

Anyone?

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 12:13:27 PM UTC-7, James Musselwhite
wrote:

> Hello folks
>
> The 5X and 6P self-extracting drivers create a vendor.img file that is
> almost exactly the same as the vendor.img file in the factory image bundle.
> Do I even need to do the initial driver extraction as stated in "Extract
> Propriety Binaries"? <https://source.android.com/source/building.html>
>
> Is this even a build step or is it just a way to get the vendor.img file?
> Are the 5X and 6P special cases that do not follow the normal instructions?
>
> Thank you
> James

---
"Android Building" group.