Same question for me. I am also looking to update an existing 5.1.1 AOSP
version for our device (NanoPI 3). Which is by default using 5.1.1_r5
How can I integrate the patches? Do I have to lookup every patch file, or
can I just use the latest wpa_supplicant_8 git and put the folder in my
AOSP source?

Am Donnerstag, 23. November 2017 21:37:27 UTC+1 schrieb Raphael
Garcia-Melgares:

> Hello AOSP team,
>
> I have a question about the security bulletins and the corresponding
> patches. I would like to make a marshmallow AOSP build with the latest
> security patches but it seems to me that the security patches were not
> backported to this version since a while.
>
> For example if I take the recent KRACK vulnerability, I see 5.0.2, 5.1.1,
> 6.0, 6.0.1, 7.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 8.0 in the list of of updated AOSP versions
> in the corresponding bulletin (
> https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-11-01).
> However when I look the android official wpa_supplicant repository (
> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/wpa_supplicant_8/) I
> see that none of the marshmallow branches has been updated since a while.
>
> marshmallow-release last commit 2015
> marshmallow-mr3-release last commit 2016
> marshmallow-mr2-release last commit mar 2017
> marshmallow-mr1-release last commit 2016
> marshmallow-dev last commit 2015
>
> Am I looking at the wrong place ?
> I fully realize that marshmallow is already an old version and that
> backporting security patches can represent a lot of work but then wouldn't
> "affected  AOSP" versions be a better description ?
>
> The goal here is not to undermine the awesome job done for security by
> providing these security bulletins but simply to try to make sense of this
> "updated AOSP version" mention.
>
> Thanks,
> Raphael

---