Generally it's a good idea to use the tools paired with the branch. But in
ccache's case, the binaries are the same for M, N, O, and newer. With the
build system you're always going to use the ccache binary paired with the
tree anyways -- you just set USE_CCACHE=1. The only time you'd use the
ccache binary directly is to manage the cache settings.

- Dan

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 7:53 AM <lang...@intel.com> wrote:

> According guide posted here :
> https://source.android.com/setup/build/initializing#optimizing-a-build-environment,
> ccache can help to optimize build. My question is if the newest ccache can
> benefit old dessert code compiling? e.g. I get the '
> prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache' from O MR1. but sometimes I also
> need to compile M or N dessert, Can I still use the one from O MR1 or I
> need to use it from M or N dessert prebuild?
> <P.S. if it is not suitable place to post this question, can you guide me
> the right place>
>
> --
> --
>
> ---