Hi,

Actually I investigated a bit more and it looks like though the soong
detects that the modules are on different namespace , but since the Ninja
build system builds for all targets,
and it fails identify that those they are same binaries/modules ,they are
on different namespaces

ninja: error: out/soong/build.ninja:455718: multiple rules generate
out/soong/host/linux-x86/nativetest64/art_dex2oat_tests/dex2oat_image_test
[-w dupbuild=err] .

I am not sure then how can we build both core and vendor modules with same
names ..Even I tried enabling vndk in the core lib, but it finally ends
with the above
errors of ninja.

Any help is appreciated thanks !

Regards
Priyanka

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 7:44:45 PM UTC+5:30, Priyanka Bose wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the Android P preview release where we see that soong build
> system has been changed to no longer depend on subdirs ,
> and as I understand it will include all the Android.bp files from the root
> directory in the Android.bp list.
> Actually we are working on a vendor variant of  libart.so and till lately
> we could use the conditional environment variable setting to check which
> source code to be built.
> Thus excluding the Android.bp files for the core variant .
> For eg: we have a Module A in both the Android.bp files  located in
> different folders for Core and our vendor variant.
> We used to read which variant to be built/enabled with an environment
> variable setting and include those Android.bp for the variant folder .
>
> But with the latest master of Android P , this seems to be not possible
> and we end up in multiple definitions since we have the similar module
> names in the Android.bp files for
> both core and vendor variants.
> I see there is a new feature called VNDK , i tried to use it with "vendor:
> true" in Android.bp file but that seems to also not help me.
>
> Can you let me know if an VNDK is an option we can use for this or any
> suggestions ?
>
> Regards,
> Priyanka

---