Thank you for the update.

However, I always feel uneasy why the updated tag is not a fast-forward
commit of previous release.
Worse, usually there are explicitly conflicts between them.

For example, in frameworks/av, merging android-8.1.0_r22 to
android-8.1.0_r25 (or r29)
results in the conflicts:

git merge android-8.1.0_r25
Auto-merging media/libmediaplayerservice/include/MediaPlayerInterface.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in
media/libmediaplayerservice/include/MediaPlayerInterface.h
Auto-merging media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerService.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in
media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerService.h
Auto-merging media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerService.cpp
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in
media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerService.cpp
Auto-merging media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerFactory.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in
media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerFactory.h
Auto-merging media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerFactory.cpp
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in
media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerFactory.cpp
Recorded preimage for 'media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerFactory.cpp'
Recorded preimage for 'media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerFactory.h'
Recorded preimage for 'media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerService.cpp'
Recorded preimage for 'media/libmediaplayerservice/MediaPlayerService.h'
Recorded preimage for
'media/libmediaplayerservice/include/MediaPlayerInterface.h'
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

After checking the git history, I was surprised to find the conflicts
result from the two commits:

commit 8a54af87b632c03ff2ae15a4a08880
1bb39fdae7
Author: Pawin Vongmasa
Date: Sun Dec 17 02:31:18 2017 -0800

Refactor MediaPlayerBase's notify

and

commit 5ffa7ea0dfa9ba3eba8ded0878c5293dc35e74a9
Author: Pawin Vongmasa
Date: Tue Dec 12 01:56:40 2017 -0800

Prevent MediaPlayerService::Client's use-after-free

More precisely, android-8.1.0_r22 contains the patch
"Refactor MediaPlayerBase's notify" but android-8.1.0_r29 doesn't.

Digging deeper, I found git log of android-8.1.0_r29
still contains "Refactor MediaPlayerBase's notify"
(commit d12c3600c8), but it was silently removed by
commit dd6cda64 (Snap for 4657601 from
18cd9b58775e53b2ec1ffe571d165ad8fddfeff4 to oc-m4-release).

This doesn't look right to me.
If "Refactor MediaPlayerBase's notify" is unnecessary, shouldn't it be
reverted explicitly?

Could anyone explain what happened?

Xin Li於 2018年5月15日星期二 UTC+8上午4時58分39秒寫道:

> Hi all,
>
> Android 8.1.0 Oreo MR1 source code is now available.  The following build,
> tag, and device is supported:
>
>  - OPM2.171019.029.A1, android-8.1.0_r25, Nexus 6P (angler)
>
> The corresponding factory images, ota images, and proprietary binaries are
> available at
>    https://developers.google.com/android/images
>    https://developers.google.com/android/ota
>    https://developers.google.com/android/drivers
>
> We have also pushed the corresponding kernel projects for the following
> device:
>
> Tag                 | Project    | Branch                          | Device
> android-8.1.0_r0.50 | kernel/msm | android-msm-angler-3.10-oreo-m2 | Nexus
> 6P (OPM2.171019.029.A1)

---
"Android Building" group.
to android-building+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.