Download the source and set up your machine as described on
https://source.android.com/setup/build/requirements

Basically, do everything up to the "lunch" step, then use "tapas" instead:

  $ tapas LatinIME arm64
  $ m

The APK will be
in out/target/product/generic_arm64/system/app/LatinIME/LatinIME.apk

- Dan

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 8:20 AM Bhavdip Bhalodia <
bhavdip.bhalo...@codereadr.com> wrote:

> I am also trying to develop LatinIME but there is less understanding to
> develop it.
> Thanks,
>
> On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 9:40:02 PM UTC+5:30, Vedant Roy wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to build the Latin IME input method.
>>
>> The source code can be found here:
>> https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/+/master
>>
>> Are there any guides on how to build Android source code. Any tips at all
>> would be helpful. For instance - what are the tools I need, what files are
>> actually necessary for the build etc.
>>
> --
> --
>
> ---