I am attempting my first Blueline build. Just a straight build of r11 for
Blueline (no modifications). I got the r11 repo. I got the r11 binaries for
Blueline. I did lunch aosp_blueline-userdebug after calling source
build/envsetup.sh.

But when I did make the build threw an error in the first three minutes.
I've never run into this before when building for sailfish on 9 or 8 or
8.1...getting an error for doing a straight build.

Here's the error...

ninja: error:
'vendor/qcom/crosshatch/proprietary/lib64/libOpenCL_system.so', needed by
'out/target/product/blueline/system/lib64/libOpenCL_system.so', missing and
no known rule to make it
15:07:45 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (03:43 (mm:ss)) ####

Why is a blueline build asking for crosshatch Qualcomm binaries? I never
had to include marlin Qualcomm binaries when building for sailfish and I
never had to include muskie Qualcomm binaries when building for walleye.

And yet, to get around this error, I had to download and add the crosshatch
Qualcomm binaries to my vendor folder so that the build for sailfish could
continue. This little detail isn't spelled out anywhere as far as I can
tell.

Either this is now the new normal for AOSP builds for blueline, in which
case this really should be documented somewhere, or something in the build
scripts is making an erroneous crosshatch binary request, in which case
this is a build bug in the AOSP branch for r11. I have no idea which is the
case.

Can someone please clear this up?

---
"Android Building" group.