hi,

Dan,

I got one ppt, which is 'Engineering productivity talk' in 2020,which pages
mention you. I read it and go through the pages and overview(
https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/alpha/remote-build-execution).
It looks like the result is what I'm looking for.

[image: result.png]

I have some quetions:

1. does the result use Android R master? what is the number of “-j” you
use? because I faced one problem, which is the larger the "-j" is the java
OOM error comes out.In my case , 32U128G server,I only can set -j72. if the
number bigger than this number there is big chance to face the JAVA
OOM(system is out of resource).
2. Does RBE build the binary(.o or .so or jar) to put it into remote cache,
and next time some one build ,the new one will use the binary instead of
real compiling ? how does this work? each action has one md5 ?
3. how to solve java action in build ? I tried distcc ,in some modules it
can work, but java part.
4. so many details I want to know .I want to build one thing like this to
solve my Android build so slow problem

在 2020年3月20日星期五 UTC+8上午12:07:39,alexander zhu写道: