That computer should be able to build Android in about 8 to 12 hours. Do it
overnight or rent a server.
________________________________
From: android-building@googlegroups.com <android-building@googlegroups.com> on
behalf of Fabien Brisset <fbris...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 12:01 PM
To: Android Building <android-building@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [android-building] Build AOSP impossible with CPU stuck at 300% or more

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. It was sent from outside of u-blox. ***
Hi,

I'm working on Linux Mint with a Dell computer with an Intel Core i5-7200 and
16 Go of RAM. I downloaded AOSP into my external SSD drive and working on it
but when I tried the codelab for AOSP website, when I launch "m" command for
build with eoither -j1 or -j4 options, the process "soong_build" consumes up to
300% of my CPU and froze my computer. I'm in no capability to retrieve my
interface or my terminal and then forced to hard reset the computer. I have
been searching through the web without success and the page about hardware
requirements does not speak about processor.

Can someone help me ? or give me some hints to be able to build AOSP ?

Thanks and regards

Fabien Brisset

---
"Android Building" group.
android-building+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:android-building+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/1e165646-ef14-4534-9c7e-02a45f572f51n%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/1e165646-ef14-4534-9c7e-02a45f572f51n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.