I've looked through the group and the bug tracker for problems with
animations. I know there are apparently some issues with certain
methods not working in various Animation classes, but I don't think
they related to the problems I have.

I'm trying to make a pulsing animation. Basically it does an alpha
animation with both repeat and reverse. Since apparently there is no
way to do both repeat and reverse on a single animation, I figured I
would use an AnimationSet to do this. Here's a simple example I'm
starting with:

<set xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:shareInterpolator="true">

        <alpha android:fromAlpha="1.0"
        android:toAlpha="0.5"
        android:duration="2000"
        android:fillAfter="true"/>

</set>

If I understand this correctly, it should change my view from an alpha
of 1.0 to an alpha of 0.5 over a period of 2 seconds and then stop. I
run it and it fades from 1.0 to 0.0 in about 2 seconds. Does anyone
know what is wrong?