Can I use a Activity that does not display nothing, ie, no calls to
setContentView and make it manage what activity shall be displayed?
I will have a service running while user is logged in. So  my
application will be running "forever" until I stop the service. While
the service is running, will Android drop the stack of activities?

Example.

User logs in , I start the service, switch to contact list actvity
( calling finish() on login) . The user press back or home key to get
back to idle. When user selects the application again by clicking on
my app's icon, will it always display the contact list or will it show
the contact list(ie, the UI stack was dropped, restarting UI again) ?

Thanks,
André Oriani