Hello,

Hope some experts can shed light on the workings of a Cursor object.

Lets refer to the NotesList sample project accompanying the SDK. Here
we have a ContentProvider that returns the results of a query as a
Cursor object. The recipient of the Query can use this Cursor object
whichever way it wants including making a "deleteRow" call.

Now, according to the documentation, deleteRow is supposed to delete a
row "from the underlying datastore". How does the Cursor know what
table/row the cursor correspond to? I tried to single-step through the
NotesList application and the delete method belonging to the
DataProvider class, NotePadProvider is not used at all. How does the
Cursor end up bypassing the DataProvider responsible for the Database?

Further more, the cursor can be the result of a complex "join" query
in which case, how would anyone know which row to delete?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Mark Murphy, any thoughts? :)

Thanks,
DS.