(1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
use the 'chown' command
(2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
probably not doing something the recommended way.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google