For several Android projects I've needed a quick way of editing
database rows without building an entire GUI. In the 0.9 SDK, we saw
the introduction of the Preferences framework for storing simple
application data, along with the PreferenceActivity family of classes
for rapidly creating editable GUIs with almost zero effort.  Wouldn't
it be awesome if we could edit database rows just as easily?

http://www.jsharkey.org/blog/2008/09/11/quick-database-row-editor-in-android-09-sdk/

This is a hack at best, using the Preferences framework to edit
database rows, but it works pretty well and offers rapid GUI
development.  I think the Preferences framework itself might use
databases for its normal storage, so Google might generalize this
family of classes in future SDKs.