Hi,
I have a standard ActivityGroup set up, where there's a ActivityGroup
activity controlling a number of embedded activities via a
LocalActivityManager. In one of the activities, I'm trying to use managed
dialogs, but they are not properly saved and restored (such as when an
orientation occurs). The save and restore mechanism works if the activity is
not part of the ActivityGroup.

Looking at the disassembly of LocalActivityManager, it calls
Activity.onSaveInstanceState for each of the embedded activities when it is
asked to save its instance state. The problem is that onSaveInstanceState
does not save managed dialog state. I think that instead of
onSaveInstanceState, LocalActivityManager should be calling
Activity.performSaveInstanceState, which includes the gathering of managed
dialog state.

One workable solution is to move dialog management up to my ActivityGroup
activity, although it's not that clean. Are there any other workarounds I
can try?

Thanks,
- Jason