Hello,
      I want to use getDrawingCache() to get a Bitmap from MapView,
but I'm not sure where or when to call the routine.  In my ViewGroup
there is a dispatchDraw(Canvas) routine, but it seems to me like I
want to call getDrawingCache() after or during the MapView draw()
routine.

Does anybody know much about getDrawingCache()?  I cannot find a good
example online or in the ApiDemos.  Ideally I would like to be able to
do this for any View.

-Marc